You may ask, why lemongrass? That is because Singapore lies at the equatorial zone and is prone to a hot and humid climate. In July, the sweltering heat can almost bake a cheese tart. The heat and humidity in Singapore makes it an attractive place for unwanted visitors – the mosquitoes. This is why we need lemongrass to repel these incessant visitors. Lemongrass brings a very earthly smell and reminds you of a refreshing lemon that makes you feel relaxed and stimulated.
Benefits of Lemongrass
Lemongrass has a wide array of benefits that will spoil you. Imagine after a long, tiring day at work and you just want to unwind and relieve the dull ache that you feel in your body. Simply hop into the shower and turn on the hot steamy water and wash yourself with a lemongrass soap. The steam will be infused with the lemongrass scent and this provides a therapeutic scent that helps relax the stiff and aching muscles. It also acts as an additional energy booster to keep your spirits high and you invigorated.
Below is a list of its many benefits:
- Added in tea to help regulate our digestive tract
- Aromatherapy to relieve muscle pain
- Contains antioxidant, antibacterial and insecticidal properties
Uses of Lemongrass
Lemongrass can be applied in many different ways and through the different application methods there will be varying levels of effectiveness.
- Non-direct contact, through inhalation, allows lemongrass essential oil to act as a aromatherapy for muscle pain.
- Lemongrass can be taken in the form of a tea, the beneficial properties gained from consuming this herb includes detoxifying effects as well as reduction of uric acid due to its diuretic effects. One must note to not consume too much as a potential side effect includes diarrhea and headache.
- Other life hacks includes adding a few drops of lemongrass essential oil into your usual shampoo, by incorporating this into your hair wash routine you can expect to see a less greasy hair appearance.
- Lemongrass also acts as an effective deodorant or antiperspirant: by applying a few drops of lemongrass essential oil to your underarm, you will be able to eradicate underarm odour.
Hope this article addresses the facts and myths about lemongrass and informs you of the tips and tricks to use your lemongrass products to utilise its benefits! For more of such articles, you can subscribe to our mailing list to catch the latest updates and a free 10% off on our website.